CASA is preparing for our spring fundraising campaign, “Coins for Kids 2023”. This will be our sixth year for this event. The event was created to partner with schools in our community to raise public awareness of CASA and raise funds to help us fulfill our mission. Our campaign in 2018 began with three schools. This year we are challenging 23 schools to join the fun. We are excited to see which schools take up the challenge!
- The Coins for Kids campaign will run from March 1 to May 1, 2023.
- Coins for Kids is a little unique in that each participating school can choose a one to two-week period during this time to host their event.
- Most schools last year ran the Coins for Kids Campaign during April, which is National Child Abuse Awareness Month.
- It is up to each participating school to decide the best time frame for them.
- The concept is easy – collect coins and donate to CASA. Collectively, this campaign can have far-reaching results and is fun for the students.
Each school also decides how they want to run its campaign. Some schools have challenged other school districts to a “Battle of the Coin,” while other schools have used this as a leadership opportunity for the Student Council, National Honor Society, or other various student clubs/groups to raise funds. Whatever they do, it results in a fun and inventive way to help CASA for Kids of East Texas advocate for the children in our communities.
If you want to know if your favorite school is involved, just call us, and we will let you know if they are on the list. If they are, then you can donate your change to the cause. If not, why not call them and encourage them to join the fun? (We will be publishing participating schools and how to donate closer to the fundraisers.)
CASA contact: Katherine Elliott, 903.597.7725 x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org