2-1-1 East Texas Help Line
The number to call when you don’t know who to call.
2-1-1 East Texas is a free, anonymous, information and referral service that is available to anyone, 7 days per week, 24 hours each day. The service helps to connect people with critical social services and charitable programs that are available in the local community. You can simply dial 2-1-1 from any phone. Trained and certified Community Resource Specialists assist every caller in assessing his/her need and providing referrals to available local charitable, nonprofit, and governmental agencies.
Safe Riders Child Passenger Safety Program
CHILD VISITATION AND TRAVEL PROCEDURES FOR 2023
As a reminder, the frequency of in person visits has changed effective January 1, 2023 in an endeavor to provide the best possible child advocacy.
Visitation and Travel Policy
- If the child(ren) are placed further than sixty miles, less than 120 miles away, CASA will meet with the child in-person every other month with a virtual visit or other age-appropriate contact in the alternating months.
- If the child(ren) are placed more than 121 miles, less than 300 miles away, CASA will meet in person with the child(ren) at least once every three months with a virtual visit or other age-appropriate contact in all other months.
- If the child(ren) are placed more than 301 miles away, CASA will meet in person with the child(ren) in their place of residence at least once every six months with a virtual visit or other age-appropriate contact in all other months.
- Visits will occur in the child’s place of residence at least 50% of the time.
- Texas CASA will reimburse volunteer travel of at least 30 miles one way/60 round trip for in-person child visits UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Reimbursement trips must be preapproved. Travel request forms and reimbursement forms are available from your Case Supervisor and can also be found on our website. The current reimbursement rate follows the IRS standard mileage rate for 2023, currently at .655 per mile.
Travel Request Form FY23 Outside Counties Staff and Volunteer (Submit BEFORE Traveling.)
The Mattie Fair Children’s Center is available for personal visits with CASA foster children. Click the LINK for details: Mattie Fair Children’s Center – Procedures 2022 Contact your case supervisor with any questions.
Per Holley V. Adams, the following are frequently considered best-interest factors (cLICK HERE)