in-kind Donation Acceptance Policy
In-kind donations (such as gifts of items) can benefit the children and families we work with at CASA for Kids of East Texas. Many children arrive in foster care or a kinship placement with very few possessions, personal items, or toys, so these donated items’ impact is significant.
We love gift cards. These are sometimes the best way for an advocate to custom-pick the items each child needs.
We may share items with other appropriate nonprofit organizations to ensure that they are used timely and not just left on a shelf.
Suggested Donations for CASA Children’s Shop (new items only):
- 0-3 years: new baby toys, teething rings, dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, blankets, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles, and age-appropriate toys.
- 3-5: new dolls and action figures, matchbox cars, toy trucks, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), Lego/building blocks, balls, coloring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles, gloves, hats, colorful youth-size blankets.
- 5-9: new educational games & toys, jump ropes, balls, Lego/building blocks, stationery (coloring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), arts & crafts sets, CDs & family-friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, Word-Search & Crossword Puzzle books, gloves, scarves, hats.
- 9-12: new board games and toys, sports equipment (baseballs, footballs, basketballs, skates, etc.), stationery, DVDs, books, art & crafts supplies or sets, diaries /journals, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats.
- 13-18: new sports equipment (baseballs, footballs, basketballs, skates, etc.), board games, books, diaries/journals, activity/puzzle books, stationery, purses, wallets, gloves, scarves, hats, hair accessories, perfume, make-up, and toiletries (please note: no mouthwash, razors, or shoelaces).
- We accept new school supplies for all grades.
CASA does not accept the following:
- Used/second-hand items or books
- Car seats
- Over-sized items
Please get in touch with Katherine Elliott before holding a donation drive for CASA. She can be reached at 903.597.7725, x110, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for partnering with us in this vital work. Together we can help secure the future for our silent victims of abuse and neglect.
In the words of a former foster youth, “To give a child a voice is to give him hope, to give him hope is to give him the world.
CASA for Kids of East Texas’s annual audit and additional information can be viewed on Candid and Charity Navigator. Also, visit the Better Business Bureau of East Texas’s website for further details.