2020 is in the Books!
Who would have ever guessed what 2020 had in store for us? We all struggled with an altered norm, wore face masks, quarantined at home, spent hours searching for toilet paper and sanitizer wipes, and Zoom became a household word. Through it all, we were resilient, flexible, and remained passionate in helping our abused and neglected children. Sadly, CASA for Kids broke an unbelievable record in our 30th year of service to our community, serving 734 children. The number of new children we were assigned to between October and December increased by 59%! With your dedication and commitment, we met the demand! In spite of not being able to recruit in the community in person, 80 new volunteers joined our team in 2020.
- 734 children served; 308 of those newly assigned to CASA
- 80 new volunteers trained
- 158 Gift cards distributed in December
- 7,766 Volunteer hours reported
- 163 Cases closed
- Conducted in-depth capital campaign to raise funds to purchase and remodel new campus. $10,000 left to raise to meet the project goal. New building purchased, renovation is almost halfway done!
- ONLY $10,000 left to raise to meet our capital project goals. Renovations are already over halfway done. DONATE: Text 56651 to TYLERCASA, casaforkidsofet.org/donate, or mail to 3616 West Way St., Tyler, TX, 75703
We enter 2021 with hope and a renewed commitment to continue to be the voice for children.
- Recruit at least 90 new volunteers
- Serve EVERY child who needs a CASA advocate
- Complete renovations on our 2 buildings and open the Children’s Center and Conference Center
- Reopen in-person connections and training
- Build a playground for child visitations at our new campus
- Ensure ALL Advocates complete at least 12 hours of in-service training
- New Children’s Play Kitchen
- New Children’s table and chair set
- Ice Maker for Conference Center
- Leads for businesses/groups/churches/etc. for volunteer recruitment
- Teams of 4 people who want to play “Get Caught Doing Good for Kids”
CASA’S NEW CAMPUS: 3616 West Way St., Tyler
CASA for Kids of East Texas purchased a new “campus” in July of 2020 and began renovations soon after. We are so excited to announce that one of our buildings (Administration) is complete and staff has moved in!! Renovations are underway for the remodeling of our future “Center,” with an anticipated completion date in May! The Center will feature a Children’s Visitation area and toy room in half of the building, and a large Conference/training area in the other. Our final phase will be the creation of an outdoor children’s area with a playground and pathway for walks and biking. We invite you to drop by and see our progress.
Making CASA’s dream facility become a reality.
- Triple the square footage.
- Two buildings (1 for offices, 1 for Training and Child Visitations)
- Triple the training and meeting space.
- Children’s Visitation Room and Playground for on-site visits between children and their advocate.
- Space for all staff and future growth.
- Large Volunteer Resource/Project Room.
- Adult and Child Library.
- Large room for toys and other children’s needs.
- And much more.
- Peaceful land for possible playground, picnic area, walk/bike path.
Mary Jo Burgess