2020 is in the Books!
Who would have ever guessed what 2020 had in store for us? We all struggled with an altered norm, wore face masks, quarantined at home, spent hours searching for toilet paper and sanitizer wipes, and Zoom became a household word. Through it all, we were resilient, flexible, and remained passionate in helping our abused and neglected children. Sadly, CASA for Kids broke an unbelievable record in our 30th year of service to our community, serving 734 children. The number of new children we were assigned to between October and December increased by 59%! With your dedication and commitment, we met the demand! In spite of not being able to recruit in the community in person, 80 new volunteers joined our team in 2020.
- 734 children served; 308 of those newly assigned to CASA
- 80 new volunteers trained
- 158 Gift cards distributed in December
- 7,766 Volunteer hours reported
- 163 Cases closed
- Conducted in-depth capital campaign to raise funds to purchase and remodel new campus. $17,000 left to raise to meet project goal. New building purchased, renovation almost halfway done!
We enter 2021 with hope and a renewed commitment to continue to be the voice for children.
- Recruit at least 90 new volunteers
- Serve EVERY child who needs a CASA advocate
- Complete renovations on our 2 buildings and open the Children’s Center and Conference Center
- Reopen in-person connections and training
- Build a playground for child visitations at our new campus
- Ensure ALL Advocates complete at least 12 hours of in-service training
- 2 New Refrigerators (or very gently used)
- 3 New Microwaves
- 2 40” – 42” TVs and 1 50” TV to be used for security camera monitors
- Ice Maker for Conference Center
- Leads for businesses/groups/churches/etc. for volunteer recruitment
- Teams of 4 people who want to play “Get Caught Doing Good for Kids”
CASA’S NEW CAMPUS: 3616 West Way St., Tyler
We are so excited about our new campus and the potential positive effect for our children! The Administration Building is almost complete and staff will be moving in within a few weeks! Demolition has started on the Children’s Center and Conference Center building. The staff have dreamed about having a safe, inviting location for advocates and children to meet right here at our office. We can’t wait for that dream to become a reality. Complimenting that will be an onsite playground and walking/biking path on our beautiful, quiet grounds. This vision will become reality this year! Can you imagine the relationships that will forged, the progress made, and the lives touched?
Mary Jo Burgess