help abused and neglected children with a gift today!
New for 2022! Thanks to an anonymous donor, new donor’s gifts will be matched up to $7,500, ensuring that your gift will double the impact!
Our ability to protect a child from further abuse and to pave the way to a safe, loving, permanent home depends on your donation. Research shows that children with a CASA do better than those without one. Children who have a CASA perform better in school, reach permanency more quickly and are kept from being lost in the system. Your participation and unrestricted gift strengthens our ability to support the abused and neglected children of Smith, Wood, and Van Zandt Counties.
CASA for Kids of East Texas is a 501(c)3 public charity. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- $1200 provides a Court Appointed Volunteer Advocate for one full year!
- $500 trains 3 new volunteer advocates
- $100 provides continuing education for 20 volunteer advocates
- $50 enables an advocate to visit a child temporarily placed outside city limits.
- $25 gives a child an experience with his/her court appointed special advocate.
“Homes, schools, everything..is constantly changing. The only constant was my CASA volunteer. Without her, I would have been lost in the system,” Former Foster Care Child
Will you invest in a child? Please contact 903.597.7725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
@CASAforKidsofET – no fees charged to CASA
Checks or Cash Donations
Please mail or drop it off at CASA for Kids of East Texas, 3616 West Way St., Tyler Texas 75703. We are located in the Administration Building on our campus.
text to give
Text the word TYLERCASA to 56651. It’s that easy!
Looking for an easy way to help abused and neglected children? donate your jury duty payment!
Next time you have jury duty, donate your juror’s payment by checking the box next to CASA for Kids of East Texas. The amounts start adding up when more jurors participate.
CASA Donation Acceptance Policy (donated items)
In-kind donations can be incredibly helpful for the children and families that we work with at CASA for Kids of East Texas. Many children arrive in foster care, or in a kinship placement with very few possessions, personal items, or toys, so the impact these donated items can have is significant.
We love gift cards. These are sometimes the best way for an advocate to custom pick the items each child needs.
To ensure that items are used in a timely manner and not just left sitting on a shelf, we may share with other appropriate nonprofit organizations.
Suggested Donations for CASA Children’s Shop:
- 0-3 years: new baby toys, teething rings, dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, blankets, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles, and age-appropriate toys.
- 3-5: new dolls and action figures, matchbox cars, toy trucks, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), Lego/building blocks, balls, coloring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles, gloves, hats, colorful youth-size blankets.
- 5-9: new educational games & toys, jump ropes, balls, Lego/building blocks, stationery (coloring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), arts & crafts sets, CDs & family-friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, Word-Search & Crossword Puzzle books, gloves, scarves, hats.
- 9-12:new board games and toys, sports equipment (baseballs, footballs, basketballs, skates, etc.), stationery, DVDs, books, art & crafts supplies or sets, diaries /journals, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats.
- 13-18: new sports equipment (baseballs, footballs, basketballs, skates, etc.), board games, books, diaries/journals, activity/puzzle books, stationery, purses, wallets, gloves, scarves, hats, hair accessories, perfume, make-up, and toiletries (please note: no mouthwash, razors, or shoelaces).
- We accept new school supplies for all grades.
CASA does not accept:
- Used/second-hand items or books
- Car seats
- Over-sized items
Please call us before holding a drive for CASA.
Thank you for partnering with us in this important work. Together we can help to secure the future for our silent victims of abuse and neglect.
In the words of a former foster youth, “To give a child a voice is to give him hope, to give him hope is to give him the world.
Select CASA for Kids of East Texas and .5% of the purchase price is donated to CASA, at no cost to you. Same products, same prices.
AmazonSmile customers can now support CASA for Kids of East Texas in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
For those of you that would like to gift specific items, wish lists are available on Amazon. Just select one of the options below, add the items you would like to purchase to your shopping cart, when you place your order Amazon will ship directly to CASA for Kids of East Texas. Both of these lists will evolve over time due to needs (perhaps a foster child aging out and going to college) or upcoming events (such as back to school).
Amazon Gift Cards can be purchased online and delivered electronically to email@example.com to help us meet individual needs of children such as formula, diapers, etc.
HELP CASA ADVOCATE FOR AN ABUSED OR NEGLECTED CHILD
Your tax-deductible gift, of any amount, one-time or recurring, helps us help children. CASA recruits, trains and supports volunteer advocates who serve as the child’s guardian ad litem, working for the child’s best interests. All gifts are promptly acknowledged. Rest assured, that your gift will be frugally utilized. CASA for Kids of East Texas is a Platinum Level GuideStar recipient, an award winner from Locals Love Us, and the 2018 Better Business Bureau Charity Award Winner.
- Pay monthly, quarterly, semiannually.
- Call 903.597.7725 to be invoiced
- You may donate here:
Memorials and Honorariums
Pay tribute to someone special. CASA will send a special card to the recipient and thank you acknowledgment to you.Your voice will always be heard as the voice of a child.It is a permanent way to support CASA, and your gift will be used according to your wishes:
- Special recognition of a loved one – please note the type of recognition and name of honoree in the “purpose” section of your donation.
- donating online, select this button to transfer you, then add the honoree’s name, address to send the note to, and note if it is a memorial or honorarium in the “special instructions to seller” section at the top of the online donation form.
CASA for Kids of East Texas has numerous sponsorship opportunities year-round. Partner with us for a project or special event and receive benefits. Examples include: Sponsor our annual Caught Doing Good for Kids social media connections community fundraiser and competition, annual Justice is Served GALA: Dinner, Entertainment and Auction (multiple sponsorship levels); Children’s Needs and Normalcy Project; Monthly Continuing Education Programs; Monthly Advocacy Training, and more! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CASA for Kids of East Texas’s annual audit and additional information can be viewed on GuideStar at https://www.guidestar.org/profile/75-2319553. Also, visit the Better Business Bureau’s website at https://www.bbb.org/east-texas/charity-reviews/charity-local/casa-for-kids-of-east-texas-in-tyler-tx-28058027.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation. With approval, donors may be recognized publicly and/or through social media platforms. CASA utilizes Paypal for processing online transactions. Financial information is not retained by CASA for Kids of East Texas. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.