Tap here to volunteer
Tap here to volunteer
A Call to Action
Become a volunteer advocate for a child(ren) who need you now more than ever! Contact email@example.com for more information. Our staff will help complete the application and answer questions throughout the process. Staff are also available to talk about the role of an advocate before application.
CASA volunteers are everyday people – teachers, business people, retirees, stay-at-home moms, and grandparents – committed to making a difference for children who might otherwise slip through the cracks in an overburdened foster care system. They are appointed by judges to guide one child or one set of siblings through the system to a safe, permanent home as quickly as possible. CASA volunteers research case records and speaks to each person involved in a child’s life, including family members, teachers, doctors, lawyers, and social workers. They monitor the progress of the child and family throughout the case and advocate for the child’s current and future needs in court, school, and agency meetings. Their independent evaluations allow the court to make better-informed decisions.
Because Court Appointed Special Advocates serve on one case at a time, they truly get to know the child and can give each case the sustained, personal attention it deserves.
We invite you to join our family of volunteers and make a difference in a child’s life – and your own.
- Call CASA at 903.597.7725
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Contact options
A CASA Volunteer must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass screening and background check requirements.
- Successfully complete initial training provided by the CASA for Kids of East Texas program.
- Be willing to commit to the CASA child(ren) for the duration of the case.
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within established program guidelines.
Click Here to complete a volunteer application. Staff is available to help with the application and answer any questions.
A staff member will contact you to schedule an interview once your application has been received.